Sunday, March 10, 2013

Agaci Review: Shop at your own risk

I hear nothing but good things about Agaci. It's often compared to Forever 21 as a cute place to buy clothes without breaking the bank. The quality of their clothes, most people say, isn't great, but durable nonetheless. That's why I decided to browse their online store a few months ago. I had some spending money (i.e. $30 bucks) and wanted to see what the had in the way of winter clearance. This was my experience-

 Price: The prices were fabulous. I was able to snag four very different tops, none of which were over $8, and the overall price didn't exceed $30 bucks. 3 of the tops I would also be able to wear into the Spring/Summer, due to their light colors and floral patterns (This was back in December).

 Fastness of Shipping and Delivery: I ordered on the 12th, order was processed on the 14th, and I got them on the 19th. Average.

 Quality: This is where they went wrong. You know those cheap stores that are able to keep their prices low because they sell defective groceries/ other stuff? That's honestly what I got in the package reminded me of.      
                 
 What I thought   was getting:
:
 What I got:


Notice the inseams. The go straight in to the collarbones, leaving absolutely no room for shoulder space/boobs. The shirred sleeves did NOT actually stay on the shoulders, so if I zip it at all it gives the appearace of having shoulder pads. It's very crudely made, and though I ordered a large ( I wanted it to be a loose fit, since I planned to wear it over different tops) it came very small, literally looking like it had shrunken in the wash. If I do try to layer it with a different top, it is so tight that the shirt underneath it puffs out, ridiculously. I was simply shocked by just how horribly made the shirt was, and how different it looked in the advertising picture.


What I Ordered:

                   
What I got:                 


 No, you are not colorblind. The shirt is bright orange, not pink, as the advertising picture shows. The color, combined with the shape, reminds me vaguely of a pumpkin. The last two shirts I ordered came true to they were advertised, thank God. But my absolutely ridiculous experience made me decide that I never want to shop there again.

 What about you? Have you had any negative experiences with Agaci you want to share?

2 comments:

  1. ugh!! maybe shopping in store would be better! I bought my stuff online (2 shirts, a baseball jersey & shoes). The shoes weren't bad, probably the only thing I'm keeping every else was made out of the cheapest material and had an ill fit. They won't even let you review the stuff on their website because they know its cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh!! maybe shopping in store would be better! I bought my stuff online (2 shirts, a baseball jersey & shoes). The shoes weren't bad, probably the only thing I'm keeping every else was made out of the cheapest material and had an ill fit. They won't even let you review the stuff on their website because they know its cheap

    ReplyDelete